Deanna “Dee” McGillivray
Born: 05/14/1986 Brooklyn, New York
High School: Eldorado High School 2004
College: University of New Mexico Bachelor of Science in K-12 Physical
Education in 2011
• 2005-2009: UNM Women’s Rugby Team.
• 2009, Co-captain and placed 3rd for Division 1 Collegiate National Championships
• 2009: named Division 1 Collegiate All American for USA Women’s Rugby.
Professional: Deanna is a multi-sports athlete – rugby, handball and weightlifting.
• 2008-2013: USA Women’s National Rugby 15s Team
• 2010: USA Women’s Rugby 15s World Cup Roster as a Reserve
• 2010: Division 2 Nationals 2nd place New Mexico Club Rugby Atomic Sisters
• 2011-2012: USA West All Star Rugby 15s Team
• 2011- Current: Physical Education Teacher for Albuquerque Public Schools.
o Currently teaching 9th grade PE and 9-12 Weight Training I, II, & III at Sandia High School
• 2012: USA West All Star Rugby 7s Team
• 2012: USA Women’s National Rugby 7s Team
• 2014: USA Olympic Team Handball. Played against Puerto Rico March 2014.
• 2016: played Profession GRID League as a Strength Specialist for Miami Surge matches were aired on NBC Sports.
• 2017: New Mexico State Record Holder for 90kg weight class in Olympic Weightlifting in the snatch (91kg), clean and jerk (112kg), and total (203kg) February
• 2017 Placed 9th in the country for the 90kg weight class at Nationals 2017.
• 2018- Hold the Snatch State Record (93kg), Clean and Jerk State Record (110kg), and total State record (203kg) in the 87kg weight class in Olympic weightlifting.
• 2019- placed 6th at Nationals for the 87kg weight class in Olympic weightlifting.
• 2019- hold snatch state record (85kg), clean and jerk state record (103kg), and total state record (188kg) for the 81kg weight class in Olympic Weightlifting.